Do you have what it takes to be an INSPIRITAS Student Ambassador? INSPIRITAS Scholars will spend a year living on Cape Cod and studying in your high school. Most of them have a very good understanding of the English language, but have never had the opportunity to live the language and culture in everyday situations. You can help them make a smoother transition into high school and in the process, make a new friend from another country. Of course, we pay you a stipend for your time, but it is probably more valuable to you as an experience you can write about in your college application.
The responsibilities are simple and important:
- Participate in the orientation and immersion session (a total of five days during the two weeks prior to the start of the school year.
- Remain in contact with the Scholars through the school year, and help make sure they are having a good experience both in and out of the classroom.
- Help them understand the cultural norms and expectations of high school life.
- Help them experience the very best aspects of American culture and way of life.
- Be a role model and a friend.
Toward the end of the school year, INSPIRITAS Scholars will nominate the most helpful INSPIRITAS Student Ambassadors for an award. Before selecting the winners, we will review and interview the nominees. Winners will be invited to an awards ceremony to receive a certificate of recognition and a college scholarship of $1,000.
If you are a current student at one of our participating high schools, we welcome your application. Email us a personal statement telling us about yourself and why you want to be an INSPIRITAS Student Ambassador. Please send us one letter of recommendation from a teacher explaining why you would be a terrific Student Ambassador.